Chabot and Las Positas Colleges both aim to provide an educational foundation for transfer to the four-year college/university, career and technical education (CTE) certificates, and life-long learning opportunities. The combined student population of more than 29,000 students includes those from throughout the Bay Area, and Central Valley, as well as from other states and more than 40 foreign countries.
• Educational Excellence forms the foundation of our district and governs the planning, implementation, and evaluation of everything we do
• Curriculum Relevancy ensures that our students benefit from the latest and most innovative curriculum available; this requires constant, active improvement
• Community Collaboration with local business, government, educational institutions, civic organizations, community groups, science, and industry partners results in a team effort to provide educational opportunities that best serve our students and our community
• The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District (CLPCCD) celebrates more than 50 years of educating the San Francisco East Bay
• CLPCCD adds approximately $508.9 million in annual income to its East Bay service area
Chabot College has delivered education opportunity to our communities through excellent transfer, degree, career technical and lifelong learning programs. Chabot is the birthplace of model support services such as the Puente, Daraja, and Early Childhood Mentor-Teacher Programs. Ours is a story of student success and a democratic commitment to equal access to excellence in education for all.
A highly-acclaimed program founded at Chabot College in 1981 which explores the Mexican American/Latino experience and has served thousands of California students. Community colleges with Puente programs transfer 44 percent more Latino students to the University of California than colleges without Puente.
Offers academic support services and a curriculum focused on African-American literature, history, and issues. Daraja students do better in school and transfer to four-year universities at a higher rate.
Las Positas’ rich course offerings prepare students for degree and certificate completion, transfer to a four-year university, basic skills for success in college, and job retraining. Students are also able to study in career programs designed by the faculty and the community to meet local workforce demands.
Engineering Tech Partnership
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), Alameda County Workforce Investment Board (WIB) and Las Positas College (LPC) established a 24-month academic program to provide a technical education and hands-on training for veterans. The new Engineering Technology Program at Las Positas is designed to help veterans develop the skills and training needed for engineering technician careers and establishes a pipeline of qualified candidates for LLNL and other Bay Area employers such as NASA and Sandia and Lawrence Berkeley national laboratories.
Viticulture and Business Program
The college’s award-winning Viticulture and Winery Technology Program partners with the historic and thriving Livermore Valley wine industry. The Business Program, the college’s most popular major, provides training for area businesses, including an industry-specific Retail Management Program, and sponsors a Business and Entrepreneurship Speaker Series.