Rowan College at Gloucester County [RCGC] Division of Nursing and Allied Health is hiring adjunct instructors their Certified Clinical Medical Assistant [CCMA] program. CCMA adjunct instructors are responsible for teaching students in both classroom and hands-on lab settings, ensuring that they gain the knowledge and skills that are required for entry-level employment in their chosen field. CCMA adjunct instructors will utilize sound educational practices towards the academic development of each program student. CCMA adjunct instructors manage their classroom and lab environments and promote a positive and engaging learning experience, provide support, tutoring and other assistance as needed. CCMA adjunct instructors are to model the professional behaviors, language, and activities expected of all RCGC and program students.
- Implement the philosophy, mission, program and course learning outcomes, established curriculum, policies and practices of RCGC and division and directives of CCMA credentialing agency.
- Demonstrate a thorough and accurate knowledge of the medical assistant field.
- Demonstrate evidence of professional growth and academic currency.
- Provide teaching and instruction for CCMA and Allied Health Courses as assigned.
- Plan and organize instruction to maximize student learning.
- Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies to promote learning.
- Model professional behaviors, language, and activities expected of all RCGC and program students
- Utilize technology where applicable to enhance the learning environment.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to student learning needs and life circumstances.
- Begin class on time in an orderly, organized fashion.
- Meet with and assist students during office hours or by appointment at other reasonable times.
- Develop a method that fairly measures student progress toward course objectives.
- Evaluate student performance fairly and consistently and return student work promptly to promote maximum learning.
- Submit and maintain academic records according to institution policies, guidelines and established due dates.
- Prepare students for industry wide certification.
- Bachelor's Degree [Master's Preferred]
- Medical Assisting: 3-5 years preferred
- Teaching experience of 1-3 preferred
REQUIRED LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION:
- Certified or Registered Medical Assistant
- Registered Nurse Preferred
- The standard rate is $670.00 per contact hour. The rate will vary for independent study courses.
- You must attach your resume and a copy of your transcripts.Women and Minorities Encouraged to ApplyAffirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer