Recently named as the best nursing school in New Jersey by RegisteredNursing.org, Rowan College at Gloucester County is currently inviting applications for part time nursing adjunct faculty positions for Medical, Surgical and Clinical instruction. Responsibilities of the position include accountability for instruction, supervision and evaluation of a diverse student population using weekly anecdotal notes.
- Provides clinical instruction and demonstration of nursing skills and procedures to students
- Observes, evaluates and provides feedback to students' return demonstration, and skills and procedures.
- Assigns patients to student care based on the clinical objectives
- Evaluates and assesses student competencies
- Plans, reviews and corrects students' written assignments
- Plans and conducts student conferences
- Participates in electronic communication with students and team members via Blackboard Learning System
- Attends scheduled orientation sessions and communicates with program coordinator on a regular basis
- Maintain professional competencies by participating in on-going clinical practice, continuing education and professional conferences
- Masters degree in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited institution
- Current valid license as a Registered Nurse. NJ Registered Nurse license required upon employment in the position
- Minimum of 2-3 years recent clinical experience in a healthcare setting
- Knowledge of nursing processes along with proficient nursing skills and techniques
- Competency with computers, lab and audiovisual equipment
- Demonstrated leadership and related teaching experience
- Commitment to the community college mission including addressing the needs of a diverse student population
- Ability to design and implement successful pedagogical strategies for students exhibiting a broad range of abilities
- Utilization of innovative teaching methods incorporating technology, including online resources
- Commitment and ability to utilize instructional strategies to promote student retention and success
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with others
- CPR certification (BLS) and completed Health requirements (provided on date of hire)
- The standard rate is $670.00 per contact hour. The rate will vary for independent study courses.
- You must attach your resume and a copy of your transcripts.
Women and Minorities Encouraged to Apply
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer