Rowan College at Gloucester County is currently inviting applications for part time adjunct faculty positions for laboratory and classroom instruction in the Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) program. Laboratory and classroom instruction consists of supervising PTA students during open lab hours, and/or providing instruction and assessment of technical content in a classroom setting. The adjunct PTA faculty member is responsible for providing instruction, supervising, and evaluating student performance in the classroom and laboratory settings. Responsibilities of the position include accountability for instruction, supervision and evaluation of a diverse student population while following the curriculum plan and rubrics set and approved by the College and Program Director.
- Provides demonstration of physical therapy skills and procedures to students
- Observes, evaluates and provides feedback to students' return demonstration, and skills and procedures.
- Evaluates and assesses student competencies
- Plans, reviews and corrects students' clinical written assignments
- Plans and conducts student conferences
- Participates in electronic communication with students and team members via Blackboard Management System
- Attends scheduled student orientation and applicant information sessions and communicates with program director or course coordinator on a regular basis
- Maintain professional competencies by participating in on-going clinical practice, continuing education and professional conferences.
- Degree in PTA or PT from an accredited institution and a Master's degree in a related field from an accredited institution
- Degree in PT from an accredited institution
- Current valid license as a Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant. If out of state, NJ licensure required within 3 months of hire.
- Minimum of 2 years recent clinical experience in a healthcare setting
- Knowledge of PT processes along with proficient physical therapy skills and techniques
- Ability to maintain contemporary knowledge in physical therapy
- Committed to the enrichment of associate degree PTA programs and students
- Demonstrated leadership and teaching experience
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Commitment to the community college mission including addressing the needs of a diverse student population
- Ability to design and implement successful pedagogical strategies for students exhibiting a broad range of abilities
- Utilization of innovative teaching methods incorporating technology, including online resources
- Working knowledge of MS Office software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Commitment and ability to utilize instructional strategies to promote student retention and success
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with students, colleagues, administration, and the community, and to establish collaborative working relationships with clinical affiliates
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form
- Dedication to improving college course offerings by active participation in curriculum processes, including outcomes assessment
- Must meet and maintain all healthcare requirements upon hire
- Experience in orthopedics, physical agents or other PT specialty
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat software
- Flexible schedule to include day and evening hours
- The standard rate is $670.00 per contact hour. The rate will vary for independent study courses.
- You must attach your resume and a copy of your transcripts
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies