- Where trained to do so, assist with the inspection, and operation of certain training apparatus or equipment necessary for the delivery of training.
- Where qualified, assist with the practical skills training as requested by fire service organizations or industrial fire brigades.
- Perform other training and education activities as requested by the Director of the Fire Academy.
- Possess and maintain either a NJ Level-1 or NJ Level-2 Instructor Certification and N.J.A.C. Drill Ground Certification in accordance with N.J.A.C 5:73-5.2, N.J.A.C. 5:73-5.3, and N.J.A.C. 5:73-5.4
- A minimum of two years of instructional experience preferred
- Actively participation as a structural firefighter with an organized fire company or department as a full time paid professional or volunteer professional preferred
- Willingness to execute the responsibilities listed above on an as needed basis
Women and Minorities Encouraged to Apply
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.