Under the general supervision of the Division Dean, to teach organized classes in accordance with course descriptions, outlines, and class schedules; to evaluate progress of students; to advise students concerning educational matters, to perform other instructionally related duties as assigned. The primary responsibility is to teach up to 10 units (Part-time) in assigned discipline.
- Responsibilities and Duties
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct organized classes at the instructional level to meet the educational requirements stated in the course description and the course information sheets.
- Conduct related laboratory instruction, including safe handling of materials and equipment as required.
- Advise and assist students in achieving stated course objectives.
- Evaluate the progress of each student; notify the students in need of counseling services.
- Attend faculty, division, or other on-campus meetings as required.
- Participate in the evaluation of course offerings, including the revision of course descriptions and course outlines.
- Coordinate with other faculty in the selection of textbooks, audiovisual and other instructional materials.
- Keep current with new developments and knowledge in appropriate fields of competency within the framework of support provided by the District.
- Maintain necessary records of student enrollment, attendance, progress and grades; prepare and submit required reports to the administration.
- Maintain control of equipment, materials and supplies as assigned.
- Report to the Division Chairperson, Assistant Division Chair, Director or Assistant Director any condition which might je