Under the general supervision and direction of the Division Dean for Fine Arts and Communication, organize and teach the total Dance program in areas of responsibility as assigned. Instruct classes in Dance, and do related work as assigned.
- Responsibilities and Duties
- Act as Dance Instructor.
- Organize and direct Dance Program including recruiting, Recitals, and Public Relations.
- Instruct basic, intermediate, and advanced classes in Dance, to include: Ballet, Jazz, Ballroom, Choreography, Modern, Hip Hop and Theatrical Dance.
- Recommend equipment purchase and care.
- Assist the Division Dean in the preparation of reports, budgets, audit information and other required data.
- Advise and assist students in achieving stated course objectives. Evaluate the progress of each student and notify students in need of counseling service and/or tutorial assistance.
- Assist the Division Dean in cooperating with campus and community groups to provide information, courses and programs relevant to the needs of the students in the Dance program.
- Participate in the departmental processes of curriculum review and modification.
- Complete various reporting procedures as required for student evaluation, course reporting and budget development.
- Attend various departmental, divisional and campus-wide activities and events as stipulated.
- Participate in various departmental, divisional, and campus-wide committees as part of the shared governance process.
- Participate in divisional committees as assigned by the Division
- Perform other necessary duties which assure the smooth functioning of the Division Fine Arts and Communication, as assigned by the Division Dean and as outlined in Board Policy.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSMaster's degree in dance, physical education with a dance emphasis, or theater with dance emphasis,ORBachelor's degree in any of the above AND Master's in physical education, any life science, physiology, theater arts, kinesiology, humanities, performing arts, or music OR the equivalent.
- Demonstrated Secondary or Postsecondary Dance Instruction.
- Demonstrated exemplary teaching practices in Dance Education and Performance
- Demonstrated Postsecondary teaching experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cooperatively with colleagues on various issues to bring about results which are in the best interest of the students, program, division, and college.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population representing a wide range of abilities, age, nationalities, and cultures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of learning styles and ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to students' ability and learning styles.
- Demonstrated ability to use innovative and creative teaching techniques and equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the diverse needs and abilities of nontraditional students and familiarity with materials and methods designed to meet their needs.
- Demonstrated willingness to put in extra time required to make a program successful.
- Supplemental Information
Copies of official transcripts showing degrees earned and conferral dates are required attachments with this application.