Under the general supervision of the Division Dean of Applied Science, Business, and Technology, the Adjunct Associate Professor of Welding teaches organized classes primarily in the welding discipline(s); the primary responsibility is to teach up to 10 units (part-time) in the assigned discipline.
- Responsibilities and Duties
Duties and responsibilities may include, but not limited to the following:
- Instruct courses in welding in accordance with credit course outlines approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Maintain expertise in current teaching methods, discipline knowledge, and discipline specific technologies.
- Assist students in achieving stated course objectives. Evaluate the progress of each student and notify students in need of counseling services and/or tutorial assistance. Track student learning outcomes and maintain records of student learning outcomes.
- Participate in the departmental process of curriculum review, modification, and the assessment of student learning outcomes in order to make the program successful.
- Support the Division Dean in cooperating with campus and community groups to provide programs, courses, and information relevant to the needs of the students and various programs.
- Coordinate with other faculty in the selection of textbooks, audiovisual and other instructional materials.
- Complete various reporting procedures as required for student evaluation, course reporting and budget development.
- Assist the Division Dean in the preparation of required reports by providing requested information.
- Attend various departmental, divisional and campus-wide activities and events as required.
- Plan and complete approved professi