The primary responsibility is to teach up to 10 units (part-time) in assigned discipline.
Under the general direction of the Division Dean of Arts and Communication, the primary responsibilities of this position include show direction and production, planning, supervising, evaluating and instructing general education classes which may include theatre appreciation, and acting classes..The Arts and Communication Division includes the Visual and Performing Arts, Communication Studies, Graphic Arts, and Theatre Facilities. Division responsibilities also include the staffing and management of the College's three theaters.
The Drama Department offers courses in theatre appreciation, theatre history and literature, acting, voice production, movement, children's theatre, musical theatre and technical theatre as well as an extensive production program.
- Responsibilities and Duties
- Direct at least two productions per year.
- Teach all levels of acting.
- Assist the Division Dean in the preparation of reports, budgets, audit information and other required data.
- Teach theatre appreciation, and other drama courses such as but not limited to voice production, movement, acting for the camera, and musical theater.
- Assist in the design, development and evaluation of courses, materials and programs.
- Assist the Division Dean to cooperate with campus and community groups to provide information, courses and programs relevant to the needs of the students in the Drama Program.
- Assist in marketing and promoting the Drama Program by participating in college sponsored events and by visiting local communities and schools.
- Participate in Arts and Commun