Under the general supervision and direction of the Division Dean of Health Sciences, perform designated duties as a Nursing Instructor. The primary responsibility is to teach 15 units per semester of nursing courses in the area of medical/surgical nursing. Additional responsibilities may include instruction in the areas of mental health, pediatric and/or obstetrical nursing.
- Responsibilities and Duties
- Instruct courses in nursing to meet the educational requirements stated in the credit course outline and the Board of Registered Nursing regulations.
- Assist the Division Dean of Health Sciences in cooperating with campus and community groups to provide programs, courses, and information relevant to the needs of the students and the program.
- Assist the Division Dean Health Sciences in the preparation of required reports by providing requested information.
- Participate in the departmental process of curriculum review and modification.
- Complete various reporting procedures as required for student evaluation, course reporting and budget development.
- Attend various departmental, divisional, and campus-wide activities as stipulated.
- Participate in departmental, divisional and campus-wide committees as part of the shared-governance process.
- Participate in divisional committees as assigned by the Division Dean and/or Director of Health Sciences.
- Perform other necessary duties which assure the smooth functioning of the Health Sciences Division and Nursing Programs, as assigned by the Division Dean and as outlined in Board Policy.