Duties: The University of Pennsylvania Vector Core is a state of the art facility which provides vectors and vector-related services in support of basic, preclinical and translational research. The Core is currently accepting applications from candidates interested in the production and purification of viral based vectors. The Resource Technologist B/C will be responsible for the production and purification of research grade and/or GMP process-comparable viral vectors for IND-enabling/Pharmacology/Toxicology studies. Specifically, the Resource Technologist B will be responsible for the production and purification of research grade vectors for basic, preclinical and translational studies; the Resource Technologist C will be responsible for the production and purification of both research as well as GMP process-comparable vectors for Pharmcology/Toxicology studies. The Resource Technologist B/C will report directly to the Associate Director of the Vector Core.
Qualifications: Resource Technologist B:
* BSc and 3 to 5 years of relevant laboratory experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
* Tissue-culture experience preferred
* Knowledge of molecular biology and/or biochemical methods (column chromatography) preferred
* Independent thinker, meticulous, detail-oriented, and analytical
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Excellent oral/written communication skills required
Resource Technologist C: same as above with 5 to 7 years relevant laboratory experience
Reference Number: 40-22149
Salary Grade: 026/027
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: DM-Gene Therapy Program
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: I-Technical/Professional Research