|Position Title||Health Occupations/Vocational Nursing Full-Time Instructor|
|How many positions are you recruiting for?||1|
The Health Occupations Department at Mission College is now accepting applications for a full-time, tenure-track instructor in Vocational Nursing who shares our excitement for teaching and our commitment to excellence in education. We are looking for someone with a willingness to help our department grow and who will enjoy working with our diverse student body. Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, ability, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a linguistically and culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
Mission College, located in the heart of Silicon Valley, is seeking a dynamic leader who thrives in a fast-paced and innovative environment. Recognized as both a Hispanic Serving Institution and an Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution, Mission College is known for the strength of our academic programs and faculty as well as our equity-minded and student-focused approach that combines high-tech and high-touch.
Applicants interested in teaching within an energetic, student-centered culture that looks to the future would find Mission College a perfect fit.
This position is open until filled. Two openings may be available.
This is a full-time, 10-month, tenure-track position that begins in Fall 2018. Instructional assignments may include day and/or evening classes, Monday thru Saturday, as needed and rotate among the Health Occupations faculty. This position is represented by the West Valley-Mission Federation of Teachers (WVMFT / AFT Local 6554).
Work location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CA, as well as local area clinical agencies.
|Salary and Benefits||
Anticipated Hiring Range:
1. Education & Experience – Possess any one of the following:
2. Current CA license as RN or VN.
3. Minimum of two years’ experience as vocational nurse or psychiatric technician in last five years.
4. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
|Knowledge and Abilities||
|Examples of Duties and Responsibilities||
Instructional duties and assignments may consist of one or more of the following:
For assistance, contact:
SELECTION PROCESS INFORMATION:
|Special Instructions to the Applicant||
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENT REQUIRED:
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
Requisition Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Other Related Licenses or Certificates
- Additional Transcripts
- Additional Supporting Documentation
- Supporting Documentation for Equivalency Request 1
- Supporting Documentation for Equivalency Request 2