|Position Title||Part-Time Chemistry Instructor (Pool)|
|Campus||West Valley College|
PART-TIME, ASSOCIATE FACULTY POOL
Applications for Part-Time, Associate Faculty pools are continually accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you will be contacted by a District representative.
This position is a part-time position as an Associate Instructor in Chemistry. The teaching assignment may require teaching lecture-discussion courses during day or evening. The assignments are as needed, during Spring, Summer, and/or Fall semesters. This position is represented by the West Valley-Mission Federation of Teachers (WVMFT), AFT 6554.
Work location: West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
|Salary and Benefits||
Salary is based on a percentage of workload, up to a maximum of 67% of a full-time load. Salary is prorated based on an initial hiring salary range of $20,559-$24,418 per semester; and is based on academic achievement, teaching and related experience.
1. Education – Possess any one of the following:
2. Demonstrated ability to effectively work with persons of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
|Examples of Duties and Responsibilities||
Instructional duties and assignments may consist of one or more of the following:
The Equivalency Application is included in the online application as an OPTIONAL form to complete.
For assistance, contact:
SELECTION PROCESS INFORMATION:
|Special Instructions to the Applicant|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
Requisition Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please provide a brief statement that demonstrates your experience/ability to effectively teach or work with individuals with diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please provide a brief summary of your area(s) of expertise and recent teaching experience. Please list in chronological order courses in chemistry you have taught and state at which institutions each course was taught. If you were not the instructor of record (i.e. if you were a graduate-student teaching assistant), please state and describe your specific duties.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Additional Transcripts
- Other Related Licenses or Certificates
- Supporting Documentation for Equivalency Request 1
- Supporting Documentation for Equivalency Request 2