|Position Title||Police Officer|
|How many positions are you recruiting for?||2|
|Campus||District (All Campuses)|
The West Valley-Mission Community College District is seeking a talented individual to fill the position of Police Officer.
Comprised of two colleges, West Valley College and Mission College, we are located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate our two colleges for our friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
This position provides general law enforcement on assigned shifts, performs patrol duties in uniform without limitations by vehicle or foot to protect life and property, while ensuring the safety and security of students, staff and visitors to the colleges. The Officer will be guided in his or her duties by those directives promulgated by the West Valley-Mission Community College District, including: Oath of office, mission statements, vision statements, core values, quality statements, and business plans, as well as department policy and procedures.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
This position is open until filled. Two openings may be available.
Full-time, 12 months per year (may include nights, weekends, and holidays), in 4/10-hr shifts. Two (2) openings are available. District police coverage is seven days per week, 20 hours per day. Patrol Shifts typically rotate every six months. Assignments may include West Valley College (City of Saratoga) and/or Mission College (City of Santa Clara), relief shifts, special assignments and/or investigation duties. All police candidates are required to successfully complete a comprehensive POST approved in-service field training program. One-year probationary period, after completion of field training program. This position is a member of the Peace Officers Association (POA) employee bargaining unit.
|Salary and Benefits||
Hiring salary placement:
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Education – Equivalent to an Associate’s degree from an accredited college with major coursework in administration of justice or a related field;
3. Experience – One year of responsible law enforcement experience;
|Knowledge and Abilities||
|Examples of Duties and Responsibilities||
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
For assistance, contact:
SELECTION PROCESS INFORMATION:
|Special Instructions to the Applicant||
If you possess a California POST certificate, please upload a scanned copy to your application.
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
Requisition Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Will you pass a POST approved background investigation and do you agree to submit to this background check?
- * Have you completed a California POST academy within the last 3 years or do you possess a current CA POST Basic Certificate?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Additional Transcripts
- Other Related Licenses or Certificates
- Additional Supporting Documentation