|Position Title||Research & Data Warehouse Analyst [Senior IT Analyst classification]|
|How many positions are you recruiting for?||1|
|Campus||District (All Campuses)|
The District Information Systems Department of the West Valley – Mission Community College District is now accepting applications for a full-time District Research and Data Warehouse Analyst.
Comprised of two colleges, West Valley College and Mission College, we are located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate our two colleges for our friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
Under the general direction of the Executive Director of Information Technology or assigned Supervisor, the District Research and Data Warehouse Analyst will provide technical and functional expertise on the analysis, development, implementation, training, and operation of the District’s “official” data repository for reporting and research, and of peripheral information delivery and support systems.
The District Research and Data Warehouse Analyst works closely with District and College Administrators, District and College committees, the Data Management Advisory Council (DMAC), and College research personnel to guide the collection, generation, and use of institutional data for internal, external, and governmental reporting needs. Often working with conflicting priorities and under challenging deadlines, the District Research and Data Warehouse Analyst must be able to exercise diplomacy, tact, and patience, in addition to being able to analyze, troubleshoot, and rectify data loading, transformation, and/or presentation issues for the purpose of insuring excellent quality in the data and information generated.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse employee and student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of January 2019. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a member of the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA), Office, Technical & Business Services Employee Unit, in the Senior Information Technology Analyst classification.
Work Location: District Information Systems department, located on the campus of West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
|Salary and Benefits||
Anticipated Hiring Range:
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in information technology or a related field.
3. Experience: Two years of responsible journey experience similar to Information Technology Analyst with the West Valley-Mission Community College District.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical background including significant experience with relational databases (bonus points for Oracle experience); experience with database architecture (logical and physical data models) and data warehouse development; experience with ETL/ELT tools (bonus points for OWB/ODI exposure); at least one high-level programming language (bonus points for PL/SQL experience); SQL design and development tools and/or other client/server software development tools; data analysis tools, techniques, & terminology; and current business intelligence software and tools used in data analysis and reporting.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable with ERP systems relevant to the community college environment (bonus points for Ellucian Banner experience); will have basic knowledge of California Community College MIS laws, codes, and regulations; will chair the Data Management Advisory Council (DMAC) to guide the generation, collection, and use of institutional data by participating in the development of policies, procedures, and implementation strategies to facilitate data collection, analysis, and reporting required by the Colleges and the District; and will be responsible for coordinating with representatives from across WVMCCD to participate in establishing policies regarding data dissemination and the establishment of official WVMCCD reports.
In addition, the ideal candidate for this position will be able to work independently with minimum supervision to fulfill significant responsibilities, including:
|Knowledge and Abilities||
|Examples of Duties and Responsibilities||
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
For assistance, contact:
SELECTION PROCESS INFORMATION:
|Special Instructions to the Applicant|
|Open Until Filled||No|
Requisition Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please briefly describe your recent (last 5 to 7 years) work and/or other experience(s) that you believe have best helped prepare you to be successful in this position, paying careful attention to the Desired Qualifications. Explain how and/or why these experiences have helped.
(Open Ended Question)
- * This position requires a combination of technical and “people” skills. Please describe which of these two skill sets you consider your strongest, and why you feel that way. Briefly discuss how you might bolster any potential weakness in the other.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please identify the report-writing software tools you have used in the recent past (5 to 7 years) to develop complex reports for end users. If you have used more than one, which of them do you prefer and why?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Additional Transcripts
- Other Related Licenses or Certificates