Founded in 1845, Wittenberg is a nationally ranked, private, liberal arts college related to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and has an enrollment of about 2,000 students. Wittenberg enjoys a national reputation for excellent academic standards and is widely known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Wittenberg has an exceptional staff and award-winning faculty who share a commitment to undergraduate teaching, research, and development of students into successful global citizens. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills in Springfield Ohio, Wittenberg is easily accessible from Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati.
The Controller's Office is recruiting for a Coordinator to support the administration of the University's payroll system and to provide support to other areas as needed.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Process confidential employee pay information for bi-weekly and monthly payrolls including pay rate changes, status changes, position changes, sabbaticals & other leaves, stipends, taxes, benefit & retirement deductions, child support payments, rent payments, United Way, direct deposits and Wittenberg gifts.
- Run payroll processes and reports for all payrolls and ensure accuracy. Process the web timecards for bi-weekly payrolls and check for accuracies in reported time.
- Process electronic bank payments and ensure the correct transfers of funds for all payrolls. Notify Wittenberg Accounting Services of payroll amounts to ensure transfer of correct funding.
- Process electronic payments for taxes, child support and TIAA-CREF retirement contributions. Prepare transfer of funds information for Health & Welfare payments and process check request forms to pay monthly payroll bills. Complete reports as needed for the Bureau of Labor Statistics or other federal agencies.
- In coordination with the Assistant Director of HR, balance and file city and school taxes on a monthly basis; federal, state, and unemployment taxes on a quarterly basis; and year-end taxes on an annual basis. Assist in year-end processing of taxes and W-2's.
- Assist employees with questions concerning payroll and accrual of leave plans.
- Provide assistance to the Manager of Student Employment during the student payroll process. Run student payroll reports and transmit the payroll to Higher One.
- Assist with the reconciliation and verification of payroll, budget and financial records.
- Administer the United Way campaign and serve as liaison between the University and the local United Way office.
- Other duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or GED is required. Applicants with an Associate's or Bachelor's degree or applicants with abilities and knowledge beyond the Associate level attained through a specific educational program or training in a specialty field are preferred. 1-3 years of relevant work experience is required; preferably in payroll or similar discipline.
Knowledge of basic computer programs (Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel) are required. Experience and knowledge with Datatel is a plus.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. We believe it is educationally imperative to further our students' appreciation and understanding of a culturally diverse society, and we are committed to ensuring a diverse environment for all individuals, regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical ability, or disability. In that spirit, we are especially interested in receiving applications from individuals who would contribute to the diversity of our community.
We ask candidates to set-up an account and make application through our online system. To apply, please upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format.
2. Cover letter
3. Name, address, and phone number of three professional references.
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg's Human Resources Department at 937.327.7517.