Under the general supervision and direction of the Division Dean of Health Sciences, perform designated duties as a Clinical Nursing Instructor. The primary responsibility is to teach 10 units per semester of clinical nursing courses in the area of medical/surgical nursing. Additional responsibilities may include instruction in the areas of Health Sciences.
- Responsibilities and Duties
Duties and responsibilities may include, but not limited to the following:
1. Instruct clinical courses in nursing to meet the educational requirements stated in the credit course outline and the Board of Registered Nursing regulations.
2. Assist the Division Dean and/or the Director of Health Sciences in cooperating with campus and community groups to provide programs, courses, and information relevant to the needs of the students and the program.
3. Assist the Division Dean and/or the Director Health Sciences in the preparation of required reports by providing requested information.
4. Participate in the departmental process of curriculum review and modification.
5. Complete various reporting procedures as required for student evaluation, course reporting and budget development.
6. Attend various departmental, divisional, and campus-wide activities as stipulated.
7. Participate in departmental, divisional and campus-wide committees as part of the shared-governance process.
8. Participate in divisional committees as assigned by the Division Dean and/or Director of Health Sciences.
9. Perform other necessary duties which assure the smooth functioning of the Health Sciences Division and Nursing Programs, as assigned by the Division Dean and as outlined in Board Policy.