Under the general supervision of the Division Dean of Arts & Communication, the Adjunct Associate Professor of Mass Communication teaches organized classes primarily in the Arts & Communication discipline(s); the primary responsibility is to teach up to 10 units (part-time) in the assigned discipline.
- Responsibilities and Duties
Duties and responsibilities may include, but not limited to the following:
1. Instruct courses in Mass Communication and Journalism in accordance with credit course outlines approved by the Board of Trustees.
2. Maintain expertise in current teaching methods, discipline knowledge, and discipline specific technologies.
3. Conduct related laboratory instruction, including handling and working of software and hardware for print and digital journalism.
4. Evaluate student progress and achievement as it pertains to career readiness.
5. Assist students in achieving stated course objectives. Evaluate the progress of each student and notify students in need of counseling services and/or tutorial assistance. Track student learning outcomes and maintain records of student learning outcomes.
6. Participate in the departmental process of curriculum review, modification, and the assessment of student learning outcomes in order to make the program successful.
7. Support the Division Dean in cooperating with campus and community groups to provide programs, courses, and information relevant to the needs of the students and various programs.
8. Coordinate with other faculty in the selection of textbooks, audiovisual and other instructional materials.
9. Complete various reporting procedures as required for student evaluation, course reporting and budget development.
10. Assist the Division Dean in the pr