This is a part-time teaching position.
Under the general supervision and direction of the Division Dean of Humanities, Social Science, and Education, the primary responsibility of the person assigned to this position is teaching courses in the discipline of Religion and Philosophy.
- Responsibilities and Duties
Duties and responsibilities may include, but not limited to the following:
- Instruct courses in Religion and Philosophy to meet the educational requirements stated in the credit course outlines.
- Assist the Division Dean to cooperate with campus and community groups to provide programs, courses, and information relevant to the needs of the students and the program.
- Assist the Division Dean in the preparation of required reports by providing requested information.
- Participate in the departmental process of curriculum review, modification, and the assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Complete various reporting procedures as required for student evaluation, course reporting and budget development.
- Attend various departmental, divisional, and campus-wide activities as stipulated.
- Participate in departmental, divisional and campus-wide committees as part of the shared-governance process.
- Participate in divisional committees as assigned by the Division Dean.
- Perform other necessary duties which assure the smooth functioning of the Division, as assigned by the Division Dean and as outlined in Board Policy.
- Teach in a large lecture format.
- Advise a student club or organization.