To provide leadership and supervision on enterprise-wide information systems and applications; and to perform related duties as assigned. Incumbent is a working supervisor who performs the most complex technical work and may be required to possess technical expertise in a specific area such as systems analysis and design or applications programming.SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:Receives general direction from assigned manager. Incumbents work within a broad framework of standard procedures and objectives.
Incumbents in this classification assign, coordinate, supervise and evaluate the work of others.
- Responsibilities and Duties
- Selects, assigns, supervises, trains and evaluates subordinate technical, professional and clerical staff; coaches and counsels staff; recommends disciplinary actions; recommends staffing levels necessary to implement and support projects.
- Supervises and participates in the development and enhancement of systems; identifies user needs, conducts feasibility studies; designs systems, performs or reviews development of systems and programs.
- Performs complex systems analysis and design, and applications programming. Supervises and participates in the development and maintenance of routine and complex in-house software applications; supervises and participates in the implementation and development of complex externally developed applications.
- Participates in work groups to determine software development needs; sets programming project priorities.
- Assists in developing of short and mid range plans for information technology; assists in developing annual goals and objectives; assists in identifying and evaluating new technology and recommending implementation of new or enhanced technology; projects staff, equipment, software and repair and maintenance costs for development of department budget; assists in determining allocation of staff and resources; recommends policies, procedures and protocols.
- Represents the department at campus and community events and programs; serves on or chairs campus committees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Principles and techniques of applications programming, database analysis and /or systems analysis
- Applications programs currently in use including specific programming languages as determined by assignment
- Principles and practices of supervision and training
- Principles and techniques of web-based systems and programs
- Computer software applications that support management systems and administrative functions
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Analyze user requirements and coordinate the development and implementation of computer and network applications
- Design, develop and implement computer systems and applications
- Rapidly learn new programming languages, applications programs and/or database structures
- Analyze and solve technical production problems
- Assign, train, supervise, evaluate and motivate professional, technical, clerical and student staff
- Serve as technical resource on state of the art technology
- Analyze and evaluate technology and apply to college business or academic use as appropriate
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, gender, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with computer science, mathematics, business administration, public administration or a closely related field; and
- Three years of progressively responsible related experience and at least two (2) years of leadership or supervisory experience.