|Position Title||Part-Time English Instructor (Pool)|
|Campus||West Valley College|
PART-TIME, ASSOCIATE FACULTY POOL
Applications for Part-Time, Associate Faculty pools are continually accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you will be contacted by a District representative.
This position is a part-time position as an Associate Instructor. The teaching assignment may require teaching lecture-discussion courses during day, evening or on Saturday and/or in an on-line/distance education format. The assignments are as needed, during Spring, Summer, and/or Fall semesters. This position is represented by the Association of College Educators (ACE).
Work location: West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
|Salary and Benefits||
Salary is based on a percentage of workload, up to a maximum of 67% of a full-time load. Salary is prorated based on an initial hiring salary range of $18,548-$22,029 per semester; and is based on academic achievement, teaching and related experience.
1. Education – Possess any one of the following:
2. Demonstrated ability to effectively work with persons of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
|Examples of Duties and Responsibilities||
Instructional duties and assignments may consist of one or more of the following:
SELECTION PROCESS INFORMATION:
|Special Instructions to the Applicant|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
Requisition Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please briefly explain your preparedness to teach a range of community college English classes, such as basic skills, developmental writing, and transfer composition.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your experiences and skills in teaching a diverse population of students, including students with different abilities, levels of preparation, and cultural experiences, as well as students who are non-native English speakers.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Additional Transcripts
- Other Related Licenses or Certificates
- Supporting Documentation for Equivalency Request 1
- Supporting Documentation for Equivalency Request 2